First Date? Nerve wrecking! Oh boy I am so with you. I know you are a good guy and super cool. Your friends call you a real dude a stud actually but you are not able to impress girls with your attitude. What is wrong there? Why are you not able to express your feeling in the right manner before the girls of your dream? I think you need a little grooming a complete check list of to do list on your first date. And you should also know that it’s not the first date which is difficult but getting that second date is a challenge. My list is exclusively for those super cool dudes who are looking forward for a relationship with their first dates and just not overwhelmed with the achievement of their first date. So here is a list of Dos and Don’ts for your first date which promises you the best ‘First Impressions’. After all first impressions are forever.
- Don’t use too much of perfume or deodorants. Just a hint would do.
- Don’t wear your most expensive clothes on your first date definitely not your suits.
- Don’t try to use that hair gel which makes you look like a bathed monkey. Even if you can’t do without that gel, be sensible while using it.
- Never ever I repeat never ever laden your self with all those gold chains and silver bracelets which your mom had made for you in ‘Bhaiya ki Shaadi‘. It is such a turn off!
- You don’t need to borrow the most expensive car or a Ducati for your first date.
- Don’t take her somewhere super expensive on the first date itself.
- Don’t expect her to pay and also don’t go dutch too. It is a date and you have invited her.
- Don’t over invest. You really don’t need to light those 200 candles or make a flower carpet . It just make women uncomfortable.
- Don’t grill her. Remember it’s a date, not some job interview.
- Don’t talk about your past. If you are still so hooked up what are you doing here?
- Don’t just don’t argue about facts, logic or data. Be polite and listen!
- Don’t brag about yourself. Let her discover you her way.
- Don’t portray yourself a negative person. Like really you want to cry out loud that how much this country sucks or how system is corrupt on your first date?
- Don’t try to be over humorous.
- And yes never ever talk about sex, marriage or children in your first date itself. It will be suicidal.
- Greet her with flowers. Flowers are perfect, nothing can go wrong with it.
- Pay attention to her dressing sense and compliment her. She took lot of effort to get ready and spend some quality time with you. All gentlemen start their conversations with a compliment to the lady.
- Be creative. Like how about gifting her a bunch of chocolates if she is a chocolate lover or may be some soulful sufi qawwali DVD if she is into music. Your imagination is the key.
- Don’t be stereotypical hopeless guy in love. So okay dinners and movies are fine but quality time is the key? Take her for a stroll, a fun place like bowling or golfing etc. May be an aquarium or art house?
- Be polite but not pushy.
- Choose a date place which allows you to chat and mingle with absolute no outsourcing of entertainment. So movies or dinner are actually a bad idea. In-fact coffee is better.
- You might hate this but meeting a girl at a shopping arcade is always a good idea. It is specially a good idea if you don’t talk much or nervous about your first date.
- No, it’s not a joke and you must check the whether forecast before deciding the venue. What’s the use of all those apps in your smart phone?
- Introduce your date to some activities they like.
- Be curious about her. Listen!
- Don’t show your aggression even for a second. Control it! You can always beat her Ex later!
- Smile frequently and watch your body language.
- Act confident, interested, engaged, self-assured, ambitious, and happy. No matter you are a drug addict in your real life. Potray!
- Express your feelings towards her but limit it to likness only. I love you is a complete no- no on the first date itself.
- Your vehicle, your clothes and most importantly your shoes should be clean.
- Maintain a frequent eye contact. It’s must.
- Do something unusual and cheap at the end.
- End the night with a kiss and I know this is the only point that makes sense to you but don’t be so happy. First kisses should be on forehead or hands and in India think twice before you plan so.
So, good luck guys! May you win over that girl of your dreams. And it is totally worth trying!
Yes it may happen!