I am a foundation junkie and I feel naked if I don’t apply a foundation on my face. So it is equally important for me to hunt for the holy grail and find that one foundation for me which is neither cakey,artificial or provide over made up textures. A simple,moisturized,no fuss, light and natural foundation works just fine for my extremely dry skin. I have tried Lancome, Elizabeth Arden, MAC foundations (even Lakme mousse and Revlon foundations) so far but my search ended the day I stumbled upon the best foundations for my skin or I guess the Chanel range of foundation is so vast that they suit any skin type and best among the best foundations available in India. The light and smooth texture of Chanel foundations suit all sort of skin types like Dry skin,Oily skin, sensitive skin. They stay upto eight hours straight and claim to stay upto twelve hour too. Here I will review Chanel vitalumiere and Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation.
Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Fluid makeup vs Chanel Perfection Lumiere Flawless Fluid Makeup
Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Fluid Makeup SPF 15
Chanel Vitalumiere is one perfect foundation for women with dry skin. It guarantee eight hour of hydration and provide a radiating and moisturized look.
- Light reflecting and colour correcting pigments which provide a bright,luminous and photo perfect look.
- The sunscreen effect is also provided by the Chanel foundation which makes it a perfect foundation to be worn during day and night both.
- The Chanel vitalumiere is known for its moisturizing properties and revives the dull boring skin with visible even and luminous complexion. Hyluronic acid provide excellent moisturizing properties to the foundation which is suitable to people from normal to dry skin.
- Texture: Satiny and silky are two words coming to my mind if I talk about the texture of Chanel Vitalumiere Satin smooth fluid makeup foundation. Very comfortable and easily absorbed in skin.It applies like a dream and instantly provide a radiant and youthful glow.
- Covergae:medium coverage so if want full coverage buff it twice.
- Verdict:One dream come true foundation for normal to dry skin people which is hassle free and easily applicable. Instantly provide radiant and even complexion and also act as Moisturisers .
Chanel Perfection Lumiere Long Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup
Chanel perfection Lumiere is a matte finish liquid foundation which is one perfect buy for working women or party junkies which likes to keep their glow on even after hours. It ensures 15 hour stay and mainly for people with oily and combination skin.
- Composition:Light control complex for correcting imperfection
- Texture: Matte finish,luminous and even complexion.Dries up quickly and absorbs easily.
- Coverage: Light to medium coverage. So apply twice if need full coverage
- Verdict: Best foundation for oily skin people who struggle with instant foundation wear off which refuses to stay on their oily skin. The matte finish not only provide them bright and glowy finish while keeping the oil production in control. You never feel baked-up
Things to know before buying a foundation
Choosing up that perfect foundation shade could be really tricky. In-spite of best beauty product and perfect formula for a radiant skin you might end up scratching your head if you don’t know how to choose the best foundation for you. Here are few tips for choosing a foundation. Don’t buy blindly rather review the foundation.
- Dry Skin people should go for liquid or stick foundations for its creamy textures.
- Oily skin people can choose a powdery foundation or foundations with matte finish.
- Light coverage foundations like BB creams or CC creams are not meant to hide your skin imperfections they are meant for good skin to just even out a few ruddy areas.
- Medium coverage foundations provide you airbrushed look and provide good coverage.while full coverage foundation means they will even hide the acne. Thought you can apply three four coats of medium coverage foundation for full coverage effect.
- Warm tones look amazing in yellow- or- peach-based shades; cool tones work well with pink-based colors; and neutral tones match best with yellow shades.
- The best foundations melt away in your skin without leaving any signs of wrinkled lines or highlight large pores. They will be invisible.
- Apply a stroke of up to three colors on a cheek or even better, the jawline (the inner wrist or hand aren’t the best spots, contrary to popular belief).
- Last but not the least choose a shade lighter than your complexion.
Hope it helps. Happy Complexions!!