Black has a hold on fashion unlike any other colour. Among the endless variety of colors and combinations that fashion retailers stock, black is a perennially popular choice. Black dresses sell like a hot cake be it black top, black skirt, black pallazos,black shirt,black suit,black jeans or even a black saree. Also little black dress is legendary. It is fashion favourite colour among fashion designers. Fashion fast brands like Zara , H& M, Forever-21, Boohoo produce more number of black clothes than any other colour. Black make people look amazing. We can not imagine huge fashion trends like ‘Grunge’,’Punk’ or ‘Gothic’ without black. And we also have colours and trends like Monochromatic trends exuding a beautiful show of stripes polka dots and pattern which can not even be imagines without black.
Black is perhaps the only colour which is bold and chic ,classy and sexy both at a time. Black is cult, black is beauty.
First of all there is no right way of dressing up a black outfit and there is nothing like all black clothing. Black fashion is all about feeling comfortable in your skin while expressing yourself freely. Why do you think we have punk fashion ruling us since decades. It’s just can not be for the likeness of Vivienne Westwood. Wearing black the right way is an art which every fashion forward soul should master not just for fashion loving women but also for fashion loving men. Here is all you need to know about black fashion and style tips and latest trends which will help you wear black fashionably.
When to wear Black
Wear black for cool and understated look which makes it wearable for day to day casual dressing . You need to blend black with other colours here. Like a black t-shirt with blue denim or shorts. You can also wear black to look sexy and edgy which also makes it a perfect party wear just make sure to team it up with golden or silver metallic accessories. Avoid all black outfit for a casual wear and use a different colour belt for a black pant or black jeans. You also wear all black to express grief like a funeral and sometimes even a protest.
Rules of wearing black
- Black has a slimming effect so while fit is important while buying a black cloth.
- Add interest with the help of accessories. Bold metallic pieces and jewelries have power to turn black clothes into an eye catching dress.
- Black suit, tie,scarves,bags,earrings and even black shoes are exactly the kind of add ons which compliment any colour dresses including black.
- Pairing up Black and white together is a classic combination and bestows a timeless elegant look. You can team up a black shirt with white pant or white pants with black shirt equally.
- Plaids especially red plaid shirts go perfect with black jeans and instantly perk up the whole casual look of plaids and black if you wear black leather jeans with plaids shirt.
- Black clothes can also be worn during summers too just remember to add soft pastel or bright pop colours accessories like hats,purse,heels,neck-pieces, cuffs,bracelets,bangles etc with the black outfit
- Be careful about the fabric when buying a black outfit. Choose black thread and black fabric according to the weather. Like black cotton clothes during summers which can range from black skinny jeans to black ragged skirts opt for black polyester,silk or even leather fabrics during winters.
- Black silk fabric provide luxurious rich texture to the cloth piece and can transform your entire edgy look into a sleek exuberance.
- For a chic and girlish outlook try black and white polka dot frocks or tops. Monochromatic colours have magical slimming effects and also looks super stylist.
- Metallic jewelry and black jewelry goes well with black outfits. Black veils,black scarves,black wraps can instantly add mystery to any of your casual dress.
- Smoky eye makeup, red lipstick like MAC Ruby Woo compliment the black part dresses well.
Black leather jackets are just not punk fashion favourite but absolute staple for winter fashion wardrobe . Leather moto jackets or leather biker jackets can be worn anyday any season.Black spiked clothings and accessories like skull rings or studded boots are punk fashion favourites and suit the rebellious nature of any teenager. Pair your metal accent pieces with simple, solid colors so that your spikes stand out.
90s absolute bold and outrageous grunge fashion look is incomplete without the touch of black. Black accentuate the whole grunge style which is all about distressed and tattered clothes, layered jewelry and unkempt hair. If you are a grunge fashion fan buy loads of loose plaid shirts, frayed jeans, tights, shorts and ripped pantyhose in black to include into your grunge girl’s wardrobe.
Little black dress
Every woman should have that little black dress which goes well from any formal occasion to any casual party . Little black dress should be treated as wardrobe essential. Put on variations by adding different types of shoes like colourful stilettos with a little black dress provide it a party fun look while softening the edginess. You can pair your little black dress with a jacket and blazers to give it some casual vibes. Fashion moughal Coco Chanel is especially famous for Chanel little black dresses.
All women must have at-least one black dress in their wardrobes for those times when they wants more and also for the times when they wants nothing more. Black is a powerful colour which can turn you into a vamp and also into a diva. It all depends upon how you pair black with rest of the colours or even with absence of colours.